This Dedicatory Honyaki Water Quench Mirrored Honyaki series is one of the TOP line of Sakai Takayuki brand that has been cultivated through a long 600-year history by skilled craftsmen in Sakai, Japan.
The beautifully textured crescent moons on the blade are made during Japanese traditional sword honyaki process by a skillful blacksmith.
The mirror finished Shiroko or White Paper (Shirogami) No.2 Steel Knife is made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
Its blade is made through Honyaki process, so the edge gets very hard and retains its sharpness for a long time.
The honyaki knives cannot be mass-produced. They are primarily for professional chefs and for the most important person because of the highest quality traditional-style Japanese knives.
Speaking to the handle, the beautiful Pure-Silver Ring and the Artificial White Marble Stone Tsuba (ferrule) equipped to the Ebony Wood handle represent high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
The handle shape of Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand.
That is sure to be the greatest gift that you have likely never seen. It is highly recommended for Gift as well as for your better cooking experience.
- Knife Type: Sakimaru-Yanagiba(Sashimi)
- Blade Length: 300mm (11.8in.)
- Total Length: 445mm (17.5in.)
- Weight: 370g
- Blade Steel Type : High Carbon Steel [Shiroko or White Paper (Shirogami) Steel No.2], Honyaki processed
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Japanese-Style Octagonal Ebony Wood with Double Silver Ring and Corian Frrrule
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths, and that cancellations will incur predetermined cancellation fee.
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.