This Honyaki knife with Mt.Fuji on wave is the quite hard-to-get and hard-to-make item. Please be noted that the leadtime is very unpredictable if the current stock is sold out.
The blacksmith is "Togashi Kenji" in Sakai, known as one of the most acclaimed traditional craftsmen, capable of making water-quenched honyaki knives of superb quality with a Mount Fuji patterned hamon. Their high hardness and excellent heat treatment make them tools fit for the best of cooks and highly sought after collector‘s items.
This mirror finished Shiroko or White Paper (Shirogami) #2 Steel Knife is made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
Its blade is made through traditional Water Quenching Honyaki process, so the edge gets very hard and retains its sharpness for a long time.
The honyaki knives cannot be mass-produced. They are primarily for professional chefs and for the most important person because of the highest quality traditional-style Japanese knives.
Again, the blade has a special Mt.Fuji & Full Moon on a long Wave pattern is priceless, because it is made through the Water Quenching Honyaki process by hand. Please be noted that the special pattern is never engraved, nor marked!
Speaking to the Ebony Wood handle, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand. The Buffalo Tsuba equipped to the handle represents high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
(Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
That is sure to be the greatest gift that you have likely never seen. It is highly recommended for Gift as well as for your better cooking experience.
- Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Steel [Shiroko or White Paper (Shirogami) Steel], Water-Quenching Honyaki processed
- Blade Surface: Mirror Finished on Hira (Flat area) with Honyaki Special pattern
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Japanese-Style Octagonal Ebony Wood and Buffalo Tsuba
- Saya : Magnolia Saya Sheath comes with the knife
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
- Knife Type: Yanagiba and Saya SET
- Blade Length: 300mm (11.8in.)
- Total Length: 445mm (17.5in.)
- Weight: 310g
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths.
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).