"Habakiri" by Shigeki Tanaka with the 33 Layered Damascus blade and it's beautiful design must impress you by the details of it's well calculated, meticulous design with a seriously sharp edge, excellent edge retention and a light center balanced feel.
This Japanese SG2 (Super Gold 2) micro carbide powder stainless steel is one of the hardest blade steel in the world, min.63 Rockwell scale(HRC).
That is enveloped by 16 layers on each side with soft and hard stainless steel, to create total 33 layer damascus pattern.
These masterpieces are carefully finished by the blacksmith Shigeki Tanaka for their top-rate cutting performance.
The series realize long-lasting performance due to their rustproof blades, bevelled on both sides, and waterproof handles, making them the first choice among professional chefs.
Some Michelin 3-star chefs in Europe gave a high marks to the Tanaka knives, and we recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
Speaking to the Ebony Wood handle, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand.
The buffalo tsuba equipped to the handle represents high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
(Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
[Use & Care]
Please do not use the knife in a twisting motion.
This powder steel won't get rust easily, but please take care the blade to prevent from moisture when storing it because the color could change turn to black on the blade.
- Blade Steel Type : 33 Layers Damascus Hammered Stainless Steel, SG2 Alloy Core
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale C): min.63
- Handle Material : Ebony Wood with a Buffalo horn ring
- Box : premium Paulownia (Kiri) Wood Box
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that this series may take 2~4 weeks to restock if it should not be available.
[About Shgeiki Tanaka]
Tanaka knives are made in a traditional workshop at Miki City in Hyogo by Shigeki Tanaka and a small crew of his employees.
Each Tanaka knife is hand-forged in the traditional way, as it has been done for hundreds of years in Japan.
The blacksmith is turning out excellent knives with unsurpassed Japanese blade knowledge and expertise handed down from generation to generation for centuries.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.