The 33-layer Damascus Knives are crafted out of a 33 layer VG10 damascus steel.
These knives have a seriously sharp edge, extremely hard (hardness : 60-61 HRC), excellent edge retention and a light center balanced feel.
The handles on these knives are Half Rounded Octagonal Japanese Zelkova wood that recalls the images of Japanese tradition.
The ferrule/bolster is made of mahogany wood ,more durable and less prone to cracking compared to horn material.
- Blade Steel Type : 33 Layers Damascus Hammered Stainless Steel, VG10 Alloy Core
- Blade Spine Thickness : approx. 2.0mm
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale C): 60-61
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Handle Material : Japanese Zelkova with Mahogany Bolster
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
|Item No.||Item Name||Blade Length||Total Length||Weight||Blade Edge|
|ST-07475||Gyuto Knife||210mm (8.3in.)||360mm (14.2in.)||150g||Double edged|
|ST-07472||Santoku Knife||170mm (6.7in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||135g||Double edged|
|ST-07471||Petty Knife(Utility)||150mm (5.9in.)||290mm (11.4in.)||85g||Double edged|
|ST-07476||Gyuto Knife||240mm (9.4in.)||375mm (14.8in.)||205g||Double edged|
|ST-07477||Slicer(Sujihiki)||240mm (9.4in.)||365mm (14.4in.)||140g||Double edged|
|ST-07479||Kengata-Santoku Knife||160mm (6.3in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||130g||Double edged|
|ST-07480||Kengata Gyuto Knife||190mm (7.5in.)||360mm (14.2in.)||170g||Double edged|
|ST-07473||Nakiri(Vegetable)||160mm (6.3in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||140g||Double edged|
|ST-07481||Steak Petty Knife||120mm (4.7in.)||250mm (9.8in.)||75g||Double edged|
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).