This beautiful "JAPAN BLUE" version by Sakai Takayuki is crafted out of a 33-layer Damascus Stainless steel (VG10 Alloy Core) with Japanese traditional indigo-dyed (Ai-zome) beautiful blue handle. These blades have a seriously sharp edge, extremely hard (hardness : 60-61 HRC), excellent edge retention and a light center balanced feel.
The Ai-zome blue-colored handles on these knives are carefully Ai (Japanese original indigo)-dyed with Japanese traditional method by skilled craftsperson on Half-rounded Octagonal Hou Wood (Magnolia) with Buffalo Horn Collar for Top Professional Use. Unfortunately the yield loss in the process to dye on the wood is currently very high, resulting in making the beautiful blue saya more valuable and priceless.
The Ai color was called "Japan Blue" around 100 years ago in the Meiji era by people who visited Japan from Western countries.
Why did they call so?
Because Japan was rich in Ai colors used to a variety of clothes. Even today, the blue color is reflected to the uniform of Japanese football national team. So this Ai color represents the image of Japan.
Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. It is highly recommended for Gift as well as for your better cooking experience.
*Refer to the brother JAPAN BLUE series, 45-layer AUS10 Damascus Indigo version.
- Blade Steel Type : 33 Layers Damascus Hammered Stainless Steel, VG10 Alloy Core
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Handle Material : Indigo-dyed Half-rounded Octagonal Hou Wood (Magnolia)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
- Saya Sheath : Optional >> Check the Indigo-dyed Saya dedicated to this knife series.
|Item No.||Item Name||Blade Length||Total Length||Weight||Blade Edge|
|ST-07934||Gyuto Knife||210mm (8.3in.)||360mm (14.2in.)||210g||Double edged|
|ST-07932||Santoku Knife||170mm (6.7in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||170g||Double edged|
|ST-07931||Petty Knife(Utility)||150mm (5.9in.)||290mm (11.4in.)||150g||Double edged|
|ST-07935||Gyuto Knife||240mm (9.4in.)||375mm (14.8in.)||240g||Double edged|
|ST-07936||Slicer(Sujihiki)||240mm (9.4in.)||365mm (14.4in.)||240g||Double edged|
|ST-07937||Kengata-Santoku Knife||160mm (6.3in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||160g||Double edged|
|ST-07938||Kengata Gyuto Knife||190mm (7.5in.)||360mm (14.2in.)||190g||Double edged|
|ST-07933||Nakiri(Vegetable)||160mm (6.3in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||160g||Double edged|
|ST-07939||Steak Petty Knife||120mm (4.7in.)||250mm (9.8in.)||120g||Double edged|
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.