This beautiful "JAPAN BLUE" version by Sakai Takayuki is crafted out of a 33-layer Damascus Stainless steel (VG10 Alloy Core) with Japanese traditional indigo-dyed (Ai-zome) beautiful blue handle. These blades have a seriously sharp edge, extremely hard (hardness : 60-61 HRC), excellent edge retention and a light center balanced feel.
The Ai-zome blue-colored handles on these knives are carefully Ai (Japanese original indigo)-dyed with Japanese traditional method by skilled craftsperson on Half-rounded Octagonal Hou Wood (Magnolia) with Buffalo Horn Collar for Top Professional Use. Unfortunately the yield loss in the process to dye on the wood is currently very high, resulting in making the beautiful blue saya more valuable and priceless.
The Ai color was called "Japan Blue" around 100 years ago in the Meiji era by people who visited Japan from Western countries.
Why did they call so?
Because Japan was rich in Ai colors used to a variety of clothes. Even today, the blue color is reflected to the uniform of Japanese football national team. So this Ai color represents the image of Japan.
Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. It is highly recommended for Gift as well as for your better cooking experience.
*Refer to the brother JAPAN BLUE series, 45-layer AUS10 Damascus Indigo version.
- Manufacturer : Aoki Hamono Co.,Ltd. (JAPAN)
- Blade Steel Type : 33 Layers Damascus Hammered Stainless Steel, VG10 Alloy Core
- Handle Material : Indigo-dyed Half-rounded Octagonal Hou Wood (Magnolia)
- Knife Type : Gyuto Knife
- Blade Length : 240mm (9.4in.)
- Total Length : 375mm (14.8in.)
- Weight : 205g
- Blade Edge : Double edged (50/50 balanced, available for both left and right-handed)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
|Item No.||Item Name||Blade Length||Total Length||Weight||Blade Edge|
|ST-07934||Gyuto Knife||210mm (8.3in.)||360mm (14.2in.)||150g||Double edged|
|ST-07932||Santoku Knife||170mm (6.7in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||135g||Double edged|
|ST-07931||Petty Knife(Utility)||150mm (5.9in.)||290mm (11.4in.)||85g||Double edged|
|ST-07935||Gyuto Knife||240mm (9.4in.)||375mm (14.8in.)||205g||Double edged|
|ST-07936||Slicer(Sujihiki)||240mm (9.4in.)||365mm (14.4in.)||140g||Double edged|
|ST-07937||Kengata-Santoku Knife||160mm (6.3in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||130g||Double edged|
|ST-07938||Kengata Gyuto Knife||190mm (7.5in.)||360mm (14.2in.)||170g||Double edged|
|ST-07933||Nakiri(Vegetable)||160mm (6.3in.)||315mm (12.4in.)||140g||Double edged|
|ST-07939||Steak Petty Knife||120mm (4.7in.)||250mm (9.8in.)||75g||Double edged|
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available.
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives by Aoki Hamono Seisakusho Co.,Ltd. has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).