Fujiwara Kanefusa MOS series (so-called FKS) is made of AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel, a popular Japanese stainless steel that realizes rust resistance and sharp cutting edges with surprisingly easy re-sharpening.
The unique feature of MOS is the several elliptic dimples on the blades.
The dimples reduce the contact surface of the blade, which results in better cutting performance and help to prevent food from sticking to the blade.
The black pakkawood handles with a stainless steel bolster provides good blade balance and a fine grip.
We recommend Fujiwara MOS series to first-time buyers of Japanese knives because of the reliable quality and affordable price range.
The series has good strength, cutting performance and ease of maintenance, which are some of most important features for first-time users of Japanese knives.
- Blade Steel Type: AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale C): 57-58
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (70/30 balanced, better suited for right-handed persons)
- Handle Material : Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that this series may take 2~4 weeks to restock if it should not be available.
|Item No.||Item Name||Blade Length||Weight||Blade Edge|
|FK-MOS-P15||Petty Knife(Utility)||150mm (5.9in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-B18||Santoku Knife||180mm (7.1in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-G18||Gyuto Knife||180mm (7.1in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-G21||Gyuto Knife||210mm (8.3in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-G24||Gyuto Knife||240mm (9.4in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-G27||Gyuto Knife||270mm (10.6in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-G30||Gyuto Knife||300mm (11.8in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-S24||Slicer(Sujihiki)||240mm (9.4in.)||---||Double edged|
|FK-MOS-S27||Slicer(Sujihiki)||270mm (10.6in.)||---||Double edged|
[about Fujiwara Kanefusa]
"Fujiwara Kanefusa" is one of the ancient lines of famous master swordsmith. The family have been running the traditional production of Japanese swords in Seki city, Japan from Muromach era around 16th century. The family has been inheriting the technology of Japanese samurai sword making which is applied to producing high quality kitchen knives.
Kanefusa kitchen knives has gained a high reputation for the excellent quality and affordable price.
Fujiwara Kanefusa 26th forging steel for knives
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.