Takeshi Saji SG2/R2 Damascus series feature Damascus-patterned blades with a core of SG2 (Super Gold 2 or R2) Micro Carbide Powder Stainless Steel for professional with a hardness of approx. 63 HRC, which provides excellent rust resistance and a long-lasting edge as well as its beautifulness and unique design with custom-made feeling.
The surface of the blade is black-finished to highlight the Damascus texture for more elegance.
The stylish handle on the knife is hand crafted out of desert ironwood (the densest wood on earth) with stainless bolster, which is water resistant and beautifully buffed. It is so easy to grip and it's weight is very well balanced.
- Blade Steel Type : Multi-Layered Damascus & Black Finished SG2 (Super Gold 2 or R2) Micro Carbide Powder Stainless Steel Core
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Hardness Rockwell C scale (HRC) : approx. 63
- Handle Material : Desert Ironwood with Stainless Bolster
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
- Knife Type: Gyuto Knife
- Blade Length: 180mm (7.1in.)
- Total Length: 305mm (12in.)
- Weight: 185g
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths, and that cancellations will incur predetermined cancellation fee.
[about Takeshi Saji]
Takeshi Saji is the leading blacksmith in Echizen. Saji was born in Takefu in 1948 in a family of second-generation smith. In 1992, he was officially certified as a “Traditional Master Craftsman" by the Japanese “Ministry of International Trade & Industry”.
His knife blades are shaped by traditional hammer-forging technique with his unique ideas and designs, to achieve a beautiful, powerful appearance and a quite sharp cutting edge with better hardness.
"Echizen" is the historical area in Fukui prefecture, including Takefu city, as one of Japanese important knife capitals.
The kitchen knives made in the Echizen is called Echizen Uchi Hamono. The art of making Japanese kitchen knives has a history of about 700 years.
Echizen Uchi Hamono is designated as "Traditional Crafts" by the Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.