Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history by skilled craftsmen in Sakai.
The Homura Aoko is made by the skilled blacksmith Itsuo Doi. He is a son of legendary blacksmith Keijiro Doi, whose family has produced some of the finest hand-forged knives for more than 70 years.
The Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) No.2 Steel Knife is made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
This one has highest wear resistance and toughness. Very good steel, and very popular choice for high end Japanese kitchen knives.
One of the best kitchen knife with more excellent durability of sharpness with special hardness like New Ceramic . We recommend any professional chef to use the one in their life.
Speaking to the Ebony Wood handle, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand.
The Buffalo Tsuba with a beautiful copper ring equipped to the handle represents high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
(Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
The family emblem of Mr.Doi is engraved as a certification near the logo on the blade.
We recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
- Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Steel [Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) 2 steel]
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced) for both right and left handed persons
- Handle Material : Ebony Wood with a Buffalo horn ring
- Saya: Kuroishime Saya Sheath is contained
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that this series may take 2~4 weeks to restock if it should not be available.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).