The Homura Aoko is made by the skilled blacksmith Itsuo Doi. He is a son of legendary blacksmith Keijiro Doi, whose family has produced some of the finest hand-forged knives for more than 70 years. The family emblem of Mr.Doi is engraved as a certification near the logo on the blade.
The Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) No.2 Steel Knife is made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
This one has highest wear resistance and toughness. Very good steel, and very popular choice for high end Japanese kitchen knives.
One of the best kitchen knife with more excellent durability of sharpness with special hardness like New Ceramic . We recommend any professional chef to use the one in their life.
Speaking to the Ebony Wood handle, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand. The Buffalo Tsuba with a beautiful copper ring equipped to the handle represents high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally. (Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
We recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
- Manufacturer : Aoki Hamono Co.,Ltd. (JAPAN)
- Blade Steel Type : High Carbon Steel [Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) 2 steel]
- Saya : Kuroishime Saya Cover comes with the knife
- Handle Material : Ebony Wood with a Buffalo horn ring
- Knife Type : Kengata Gyuto Knife
- Blade Length : 225mm (8.9in.)
- Total Length : 365mm (14.4in.)
- Weight : 250g
- Blade Edge : Double edged (50/50 balanced, available for both left and right-handed)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
Item No. Item Name Blade Length Total Length Weight Blade Edge ST-02251 Kengata-Santoku Knife 195mm (7.7in.) 335mm (13.2in.) 230g Double edged ST-02252 Kengata Gyuto Knife 225mm (8.9in.) 365mm (14.4in.) 250g Double edged
*** The images in this page are of the sample product. The actual product may vary in color, weight, pattern and size.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available.
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives by Aoki Hamono Seisakusho Co.,Ltd. has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).