The blade of "AONIKO" line is uniquely "ALL" made of famous Yasugi Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) No.2 Steel in monosteel construction (solid piece of Blue Paper No.2).
The material is known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives, and has highest wear resistance and toughness because of special hardness.
If you already have some experience with stainless Japanese kitchen knife, such as Misono UX10 or Sakai Takayuki Grand Chef, and wanted to go a step further to really try out the "real Japanese edge", the Aoniko line is probably one of the best options out there.
The handles on these knives are hand crafted out of Mahogany wood, which is water resistant and beautifully grained.
- Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Steel [Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) 2 steel] in monosteel construction
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (60/40 balanced, a little better for right-handed than for left-handed persons)
- Handle Material : Mahogany woods
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that this series may take 2~4 weeks to restock if it should not be available.
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).