The 17-layer Damascus Kiritsuke YANAGIBA(SASHIMI) Knives are crafted out of a 17 layer VG10 damascus steel.
These knives have a seriously sharp edge, extremely hard (HRC: 60), excellent edge retention and a light center balanced feel. Its shape comes from a traditional Yanagiba style that cuts effectively for slicing fish and is used to make Sashimi and Sushi. The handles on these knives are hand crafted out of desert ironwood, which is water resistant and beautifully grained.
The Kiritsuke Yanagiba is designed in Japan between a Western chef's knife and Japanese yanagiba, it has a single-edged blade with a Western-style handle, combining both Japanese and Western function and practicality in one knife.
Traditionally Japanese knife, Hocho, have been crafted for Japanese cuisine, but in accordance with their thriving popularity, many non-Japanese chefs covet using them in various cuisines.
In response to the trend, manufacturers in Japan, strive to make innovative types of knives to meet these global demands. Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history. The Kiritsuke Yanagiba by "Sakai Takayuki" is one of the best answers, which skillfully incorporates the beauty of Japanese Hocho and Western Knives.
- Manufacturer : Aoki Hamono Co.,Ltd. (JAPAN)
- Blade Steel Type : 17 Layers Damascus Hammered Stainless Steel, VG10 Alloy Core
- Hardness Rockwell C scale : 60 +/-1
- Handle Material : Mahogany woods
- Knife Type : Kiritsuke-Yanagiba(Sashimi)
- Blade Length : 300mm (11.8in.)
- Total Length : 430mm (16.9in.)
- Weight : 235g
- Blade Edge : Double edged (50/50 balanced, available for both left and right-handed)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** The images in this page are of the sample product. The actual product may vary in color, weight, pattern and size.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available.
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives by Aoki Hamono Seisakusho Co.,Ltd. has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).