The Aogami Super Clad Stainless Kurouchi series feature beautiful KUROUCHI(Black finished) texture with a core of Blue Paper Super (Aogami Super) Steel with a better hardness of approx.65 HRC, which provides excellent edge retention.
This series is forged by skilled blacksmiths, Takeshi and Takayuki Iwai with unique traditional hand-made-process of making knives.
The handle is made of Red Sandalwood for beauty and durability, which gives us feelings of luxury.(Please be noted that the ferrule is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
We recommend the series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
- Knife Type: Chef Knife(Gyuto)
- Blade Length: 180mm (7.1in.)
- Total Length: 315mm (12.4in.)
- Weight: 155g
- Blade Steel : Blue Paper Super (Aogami Super) Core, Clad Stainless Steel, KUROUCHI(Black finished)
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Hardness Rockwell C scale (HRC) : approx.65
- Handle Material : Rosewood
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that the hand crafted stock is extremely limited. This series may take 1~2 months to restock if it should not be available.
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, wight, pattern, size and marking may differ because each product is handmade. It is impossible to choose the best one in our stock.
*** No saya sheaths are currently available for Iwai knives.
[about IWAI HAMONO (IWAI Knife Manufacturing Inc.) ]
The IWAI blacksmith company has been devoted to manufacturing knives for approx. 80 years from in 1939.
One of the promising blacksmith, Takeshi Iwai, received the certification of the youngest Traditional Craftsman of cutlery production industry in his 35 years old, in 2006.
His father, Takayuki Iwai, had also received the certification in 1994. It's the first thing that two generations are certified.
It's notable that they never use machines for mass production but their skilled hands, because they believe machine-made knives are often inferior than hand-made ones in quality.
"Echizen" is the historical area in Fukui prefecture, including Takefu city, as one of Japanese important knife capitals.
The kitchen knives made in the Echizen is called Echizen Uchi Hamono. The art of making Japanese kitchen knives has a history of about 700 years.
Echizen Uchi Hamono is designated as "Traditional Crafts" by the Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.