The Grand Chef Kiritsuke Yanagiba is a durable razor-sharp knife made out of the highest quality stainless steel, Bohler-Uddeholm Swedish Steel.
This special steel alloy has very low impurities, is highly rust resistant and offers exceptional sharpness.
Its shape comes from a traditional Yanagiba style that cuts effectively for slicing fish and is used to make Sashimi and Sushi.
The Kiritsuke Yanagiba is designed in Japan between a Western chef's knife and Japanese yanagiba, it has a single-edged blade with a Western-style handle, combining both Japanese and Western function and practicality in one knife.
Traditionally Japanese knife, Hocho, have been crafted for Japanese cuisine, but in accordance with their thriving popularity, many non-Japanese chefs covet using them in various cuisines.
In response to the trend, manufacturers in Japan, strive to make innovative types of knives to meet these global demands.
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history. The Kiritsuke Yanagiba by "Sakai Takayuki" is one of the best answers, which skillfully incorporates the beauty of Japanese Hocho and Western Knives.
The long blade is single-edged just like Japanese hocho, while the handle is designed for Western demands.
The combination of the blade and handle overcomes the longtime difficult demands of many professional chefs.
We highly recommend you to once experience the excellent handling performance and beautility of the Grand Chef Kiritsuke Yanagiba.
*The handle of the Special model is hand-crafted out of desert ironwood, which is water resistant and beautifully grained.
- Blade Steel Type: Bohler-Uddeholm Swedish steel (Stainless)
- Handle Material :
Standard model (SK-100xx, SK-105xx) --- Polyoxymethylene resin, black
Special model (SK-108xx) --- Desert iron wood, brown
- A stylish knife cover (SAYA) is included
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that it may take 2~4 weeks to restock if the item should not be available.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).