KANEHIRO Aogami Super Clad Stainless Nashiji series feature beautiful NASHIJI(Pear skin finished) texture with a core of Blue Paper Super (Aogami Super) Steel with a better hardness of approx.65 HRC, which provides excellent edge retention.
The edge is specially formed like a clam (or HAMAGURI in Japanese), which shape helps release foods and cut smoothly.
The handle is made of Black Cherry (American Cherry) with Black Laminated Wood Bolster for beauty and durability.
[about KANEHIRO (KINTARO)]
Founder Mr. Kintaro Kato started kitchen knife production in 1928 and founded his company KANEHIRO UCHI HAMONO (KANEHIRO Cutlery-Forging Manufacturer) at Takefu city, Fukui in 1958.
He was awarded the Order of the Sacred Treasure, Silver Rays in 1987. His son, Hiroshi Kato, received the certification of the traditional craftsmen on February 2008.
"Echizen" is the historical area in Fukui prefecture, including Takefu city, as one of Japanese important knife capitals.
The kitchen knives made in the Echizen is called Echizen Uchi Hamono. The art of making Japanese kitchen knives has a history of about 700 years.
Echizen Uchi Hamono is designated as "Traditional Crafts" by the Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry.
- Brand Name: KINTARO by master blacksmith Mr. Kato
- Blade Steel Blue Paper Super (Aogami Super) Core, Clad Stainless Steel, NASHIJI(Pear skin finished)
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Hardness Rockwell C scale (HRC) : approx.65
- Handle Material : Black Cherry (American Cherry) with Black Laminated Wood Bolster
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that the hand crafted stock is extremely limited.
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, wight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.