Yoshimi Kato VG10 Damascus series feature 63 layers of Nickel Damascus-patterned blades with a core of VG-10 stainless steel for professional with a hardness of 60-61 HRC, which provides excellent rust resistance and a long-lasting edge as well as its beautifulness.
The surface of the blade is black-finished to highlight the Damascus texture for more elegance.
The edge is specially formed like a clam (or HAMAGURI in Japanese), which shape helps release foods and cut smoothly.
The handle on the knife is hand crafted out of reinforced laminate wood with Stainless Bolster, which is water resistant and beautifully grained.
- Brand Name: KINTARO by master blacksmith Mr. Kato
- Blade Steel Type : 63 Layered & Black Finished Nickel Damascus Stainless Steel, VG-10 Core
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Hardness Rockwell C scale (HRC) : 60-61
- Handle Material : Reinforced laminated wood with Stainless Bolster for beauty and durability.
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that the hand crafted stock is extremely limited.
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** The logo of blacksmith on the blade is "Yoshimi" or "Kintaro" which may differ from the picture.
|Item No.||Item Name||Blade Length||Total Length||Weight||Blade Edge|
|KH-VXD-PT120-PWB||Petty Knife(Utility)||120mm (4.7in.)||225mm (8.9in.)||60g||Double edged|
|KH-VXD-PT150-PWB||Petty Knife(Utility)||150mm (5.9in.)||255mm (10.0in.)||65g||Double edged|
|KH-VXD-SA175-PWB||Santoku Knife||175mm (6.9in.)||300mm (11.8in.)||160g||Double edged|
|KH-VXD-VG165-PWB||Nakiri(Vegetable)||165mm (6.5in.)||295mm (11.6in.)||195g||Double edged|
|KH-VXD-VG180-PWB||Nakiri(Vegetable)||180mm (7.1in.)||310mm (12.2in.)||205g||Double edged|
|KH-VXD-CH180-PWB||Gyuto Knife||180mm (7.1in.)||300mm (11.8in.)||135g||Double edged|
|KH-VXD-CH210-PWB||Gyuto Knife||210mm (8.3in.)||335mm (13.2in.)||170g||Double edged|
[about Yoshimi Kato (KINTARO)]
Mr. Yoshimi Kato, one of the most promising blacksmiths, received the certification of the traditional craftsmen on February 2008 and took over his father's company as KATO UCHI HAMONO (KATO Knife Manufacturing Inc.) at Takefu city, Fukui in 2018.
His father, Mr. Kintaro Kato started kitchen knife production in 1928 and founded his company KANEHIRO UCHI HAMONO in 1958. He was awarded the Order of the Sacred Treasure, Silver Rays in 1987.
"Echizen" is the historical area in Fukui prefecture, including Takefu city, as one of Japanese important knife capitals.
The kitchen knives made in the Echizen is called Echizen Uchi Hamono. The art of making Japanese kitchen knives has a history of about 700 years.
Echizen Uchi Hamono is designated as "Traditional Crafts" by the Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).