The HATTORI SAN 121 Layered KD30 Damascus series feature unsurpassed quality of performance and the highest consumer properties, and specially produced in commemoration of the 80-year-old anniversary of Ichiro Hattori, one of the famous master blacksmith in Japan.
The core cutting layer is made of COWRY X steel (contains 3% carbon, 0.3% vanadium, 1% molybdenum and 20% chrome) sandwiched with multi Nickel Stainless Damascus Steel on both side.
Hattori KD - each knife is forged by hand - sharp, high-spirited, incredibly beautiful knives.
The strength of KD blades reaches 63 points on the Rockwell scale.
The handle on the knife is hand crafted out of black canvas-micarta, an odorless, enormously durable material made of resin and linen that will last decades.
KD knives are ergonomic, incredibly durable, do not require sharpening for a long time and can, without exaggeration, claim to be a work of art.
- Series Name: "SAN" 80-year-old anniversary version by master blacksmith Ichiro Hattori
- Blade Steel Type: 121 Layered Damascus Steel, Cowry-X core, 420J2 & Nickel Stainless Steel
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale C): 63-64
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged for both right and left handed persons
- Handle material: Black Linen Micarta
- Handle mounting type: Full Tang (mounting overlays)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that the stock is extremely limited. This product is for sale while stock lasts.
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
|Item No.||Item Name||Blade Length||Total Length||Weight||Blade Edge|
|HT-KD30-SN-PT135||Petty Knife(Utility)||135mm (5.3in.)||245mm (9.6in.)||85g||Double edged|
|HT-KD30-SN-PT150||Petty Knife(Utility)||150mm (5.9in.)||265mm (10.4in.)||90g||Double edged|
|HT-KD30-SN-SA180||Santoku Knife||180mm (7.1in.)||305mm (12.0in.)||210g||Double edged|
|HT-KD30-SN-CH210||Gyuto Knife||210mm (8.3in.)||340mm (13.4in.)||215g||Double edged|
|HT-KD30-SN-CH240||Gyuto Knife||240mm (9.4in.)||365mm (14.4in.)||250g||Double edged|
|HT-KD30-SN-CH270||Gyuto Knife||270mm (10.6in.)||410mm (16.1in.)||330g||Double edged|
[about Ichiro Hattori]
Ichiro Hattori was involved with knife manufacturing at the age of 18 when he joined his father's knife company "Masahiro" in Seki, Japan. He has opened his own workshop in 1971 for producing high quality knives.
He has made knives using a wide variety of steels for more than 40 years, but in recent years his work has centered around laminates using VG10, Cowry-X and high performance powder steels.
Hattori’s seasoned craftsmanship is respected by many knife makers around the world.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).