The Shigeki Tanaka Ginsan Damascus series feature beautiful Damascus-patterned blades with a core of Silver paper No.3 stainless steel for professional chefs, which provides excellent rust resistance and a long-lasting edge as well as its beautifulness.
The Ginsan or Silver paper (Gingami) No.3 Steel knife is made of fine Japanese Steel Company Hitachi's Special Stainless Steel which makes similar sharpness, edge retention as Carbon Steel.Sharpness, Soft usage feeling and Unparalleled durability with Rust-resistance supported by the experience through long history.
These masterpieces are carefully forged & finished by the blacksmith Shigeki Tanaka with his own hands for their top-rate cutting performance.
Speaking to the Ebony Wood handle, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand.
The buffalo tsuba equipped to the handle represents high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
(Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
We recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
- Knife Type: Yanagiba(Sashimi)
- Blade Length: 270mm (10.6in.)
- Total Length: 410mm (16.1in.)
- Weight: 230g
- Blade Steel Type : Multi Layered Silver paper [Gingami] No.3 Stainless Steel Core
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Ebony Wood with a Buffalo horn ring
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths.
[About Shigeki Tanaka]
Tanaka knives are made in a traditional workshop at Miki City in Hyogo by Shigeki Tanaka and a small crew of his employees.
Each Tanaka knife is hand-forged in the traditional way, as it has been done for hundreds of years in Japan.
The blacksmith is turning out excellent knives with unsurpassed Japanese blade knowledge and expertise handed down from generation to generation for centuries.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).