RINKA, arched-shape chef knife series, is forged and sharpened carefully one by one by skillful craftsmen in Sakai.
On this blade, an historical HAIKU(Japanese seventeen-syllable poem) is specially hand-engraved, "Miru-hito-ni, mono-no aware-wo shirazureba tuki-ya konoyo-no kagami naruramu."
This Ginsan or Silver paper (Gingami) No.3 Steel knives are made of fine Japanese Steel Company Hitachi's Special Stainless Steel which makes similar sharpness, edge retention as Carbon Steel.
Sharpness, Soft usage feeling and Unparalleled durability with Rust-resistance supported by the experience through long history.
The blade shows its stylish arched shape, recreating the element of the traditional Japanese swords.
Speaking to the special artistic handle, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand, that means made for professional originally. (Please be noted that the handle and saya may possibly be different from the image in details because of hand-made products.)
We recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
- Blade Steel Type: Ginsan or Silver paper [Gingami] No.3 Stainless Steel, mirror finished
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale C): 59-61
- Saya Sheath comes with the knife
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
- Knife Type: Sakimaru-Takohiki(Sashimi)
- Blade Length: 390mm (15.4in.)
- Total Length: 570mm (22.4in.)
- Weight: 353g
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths.
[about Sakai Takayuki]
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Takayuki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).