This HATTORI SAN series --- to celebrate the 80-year-old anniversary of Ichiro Hattori, one of the famous master blacksmith in Japan --- is made of whole VG-10 stainless steel for professional which provides excellent rust resistance and a long-lasting edge as well as its beautifulness.
The ergonomic designed stylish handle is hand crafted out of black canvas-micarta, an odorless, enormously durable material made of resin and linen that will last decades. It is so easy to grip and it's weight is very well balanced with stainless bolster.
- Series Name: "SAN" 80-year-old anniversary version by master blacksmith Ichiro Hattori
- Knife Type: Santoku Knife
- Blade Length: 175mm (6.9in.)
- Total Length: 295mm (11.6in.)
- Weight: 168g
- Blade Steel Type : VG-10
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Handle Material : Canvas Micarta with stainless bolster
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that the stock is extremely limited. (only 20pcs in the world !)
*** A manufacturer's serial number is engraved on the bolster. The number itself differs from one individual to the next.
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
[about Ichiro Hattori]
Ichiro Hattori was involved with knife manufacturing at the age of 18 when he joined his father's knife company "Masahiro" in Seki, Japan. He has opened his own workshop in 1971 for producing high quality knives.
He has made knives using a wide variety of steels for more than 40 years, but in recent years his work has centered around laminates using VG10, Cowry-X and high performance powder steels.
Hattori’s seasoned craftsmanship is respected by many knife makers around the world.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).