The Suminagashi series feature beautiful Damascus-patterned blades with a core of Ginsan or Silver paper (Gingami) No.3 Steel knife is made of fine Japanese Steel Company Hitachi's Special Stainless Steel which makes similar sharpness, edge retention as Carbon Steel.
In the same way as traditional Japanese knives, skillful craftsmen in Sakai forge and sharpen carefully one by one blade made of "Ginsan" Stainless steel. Sharpness, Soft usage feeling and Unparalleled durability with Rust-resistance supported by the experience through long history.
Speaking to the Japanese traditional lacquered handle, the Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand. In addition, the wood saya sheath (knife cover) is also beautifully lacquered as well.
The Buffalo Tsuba equipped to the handle represents high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
(Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
We recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
- Blade Steel Type: Ginsan or Silver paper [Gingami] No.3 Stainless Steel Core with Multi Layered Damascus Texture
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Japanese traditional lacquered wood with a Buffalo horn ring
- Saya : Japanese traditional lacquered wood saya sheath is included
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths.
[about Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro]
Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro brand by Yamawaki Cutlery MFG., LTD has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Yamawaki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).