The Suminagashi series feature beautiful Damascus-patterned blades with a core of Blue Paper (Aogami or Aoko) No.1 Steel,
which is "Aoko" or Blue Paper (Aogami) No.1 Steel Knife, made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
This material has highest wear resistance and toughness because of special hardness (hardness of 62-63 HRC). Very good choice for high end Japanese kitchen knives.
The blade is particularly suitable for the gentle preparation of foods though you need to treat the blade to prevent from rust.
Speaking to the precious handle made of "Kurogaki wood" or "Japanese black persimmon", the Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand. In addition, the wood saya sheath (knife cover) is also made of Kurogaki as well.
The Kurogaki is rare and valuable, so the knife series is made for you, high-end customers.
The handle and saya sheath represent special high quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
In addition, the premium Paulownia (Kiri) Wood Box and high-end Brocade (Nishiki) Cloth Bag are included. The knife is inserted into the Brocade (Nishiki) Cloth Bag which you put in the Paulownia Wood Box.
That is sure to be the greatest gift that you have likely never seen. It is highly recommended for Gift as well as for your supreme cooking experience.
- Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Steel [Aoko or Blue Paper 1 steel] Core with Multi Layered Damascus Texture
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Kurogaki wood [Japanese black persimmon]
- Saya : Kurogaki wood [Japanese black persimmon] Saya Sheath is included
- Knife Bag : high-end Brocade (Nishiki) Cloth Bag
- Box : premium Paulownia (Kiri) Wood Box
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
- Knife Type: Yanagiba(Sashimi)
- Blade Length: 330mm (13in.)
- Total Length: 0mm (0in.)
- Weight: 0g
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths.
[about Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro]
Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro brand by Yamawaki Cutlery MFG., LTD has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Yamawaki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).