This Honyaki knife with a WAVE texture is one of the hard-to-get and hard-to-make items. Please be noted that the leadtime is very unpredictable if the current stock is sold out.
The blacksmith is known "Genkai Masakuni", the top blacksmith to forge honyaki (water-quenched) knives in Japan. There is said no one to compare to him in the world because he can make the drawing on knife blade with his skill-full honyaki (water-quenching) technique as well as can achieve sharpness needed by real top-rank Japanese chefs.
This mirror finished Shiroko or White Paper (Shirogami) #2 Steel Knife is made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
Its blade is made through traditional Water Quenching Honyaki process, so the edge gets very hard and retains its sharpness for a long time.
The honyaki knives cannot be mass-produced. They are primarily for professional chefs and for the most important person because of the highest quality traditional-style Japanese knives.
Again, the blade has a special WAVE pattern is priceless, because it is made through the Water Quenching Honyaki process by hand. Please be noted that the WAVE pattern is never engraved, nor marked!
Speaking to the handle, made of Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata) wood, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand. The Japanese yew wood is dense, hard and beautiful with luster, so that it has been used to make important tools for high-level officials in ancient Japan.
The Buffalo Tsuba equipped to the handle represents high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally. (Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
That is sure to be the greatest gift that you have likely never seen. It is highly recommended for Gift as well as for your better cooking experience.
- Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Steel [Shiroko or White Paper (Shirogami) Steel], Water-Quenching Honyaki processed
- Blade Surface: Mirror Finished on Hira (Flat area) with Honyaki Wave pattern
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Japanese-Style Octagonal Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata) Wood and Buffalo Tsuba
- Saya : Magnolia Saya Sheath comes with the knife
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
- Knife Type: Yanagiba(Sashimi)
- Blade Length: 300mm (11.8in.)
- Total Length: 455mm (17.9in.)
- Weight: 212g
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ because each product is handmade.
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths.
[about Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro]
Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro brand by Yamawaki Cutlery MFG., LTD has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Yamawaki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).