Tojiro Flash(Senkou) knife serires features a beatiful-stylish blade that has a folded and forged construction of 63 layers (37 layers only for Peeling, Paring and Deba) of Damascus steel. This process allows the thin center layer of VG-10 steel to be extremely hard but also strong and flexible. In many respects, these features can be contradictory.
Over one thousand years ago, Japanese sword smiths developed the high art of sword making to provide strong, sharp blades for the Samurai, the feared warrior caste. Tojiro Flash have adopted such many traditional sword techniques in producing knives for today.
The cutting edge on Tojiro Senkou knives is made of extremely hard VG-10 steel --- Rockwell 62 HRC. The hardness is the highest, ever seen or heard of for the VG-10 steel from any maker, Japanese, US or Europeans. This allows the knives to be sharpened to a more acute angle and to emerge from the factory razor sharp.
The blade angle was 30 degree included, or 15 degree per side, which is quite thin compared to European counterparts. If the knives were made solely of this hard steel, however, they would be inflexible and brittle, breaking easily if dropped or misused.
Its handle is made of Micarta (multilayer Linen/Resin combo) with stainless steel inlays. Fit and finish are perfect. Ergonomics are good, grip security is just fine, no slippage even with oily stuff, feels very comfortable and the knife is very easy and fun to use.
- Manufacturer : Fujitora (JAPAN)
- Blade Steel Type: VG-10(Core) Stainless Steel
- Damascus Pattern : 63 layers (*** 37 layers for Peeling, Paring and Deba)
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
*Please be noted that series of Deba is single-edged for right-handed.
- Hardness Rockwell C scale: 62 +/-1
- Handle : Compressed Laminated Wood (Micarta (multilayer Linen/Resin combo) with stainless steel inlays)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.