The Coreless Damascus Stainless Steel Knives are made of VG10 & VG2 multi-layered damascus steel throughout the entire blade.
These knives have extremely hard edge, more excellent edge retention (durability x2) and better sharpness (cutting x 1.5) than the standard VG10 blades.
The beautiful handle mounted with a stainless ferrule is made of waterproof dessert ironwood, the densest wood on earth.
Therefore it is difficult to process the material by machine, that's why the handle is made & finished manually by the popular custom knife designer, Mr.Sugihara.
Sakai Takayuki Knives has been cultivated through a long 600-year history. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box.
We highly recommend you to once experience the excellent performance and beautility of the Damascus knives.
- Knife Type: Chef Knife(Gyuto)
- Blade Length: 210mm ( Total Length : 335mm)
- Weight: 165g
- Blade Spine Thickness : approx. 2.0mm
- Blade Steel Type : VG10 & VG2 Multi-Layered Coreless Damascus Stainless Steel
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale C): approx. 61
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Handle Material : Desert Ironwood, made by Mr. Sugihara
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).