The Wooden Saya Sheath (or knife cover) is made of Ho-no-ki, or Japanese Magnolia wood, good to cover Japanese-traditional-style and Western-style knives. Ho wood is the perfect protection for knives --- soft, moisture-resistant and contains no strong resins.
The cover helps you to prevent damages on knives during transport. We strongly recommend the saya to our customers who often carry knives.
* Please put a knife into the Saya after the blade of the knife becomes dry.
* This Saya is dedicated to Masamoto knives
*** Please kindly be noted the followings beforehand.
(1) The shape of saya covers could be different from the listed pictures. It is impossible to choose the best one in our stock.
For example, the shape at insertion opening may differ from the pictures / a pin hole may exist even if the hole is not in the pictures.
(2) There is a possibility that the saya cover does not fit your knife. We regret to say that it is impossible to replace the saya you ordered.
Because the actual thickness and size of the knife may be different from each other even if their indicated blade size in the specification looks the same.
(3) There is two types of Masamoto saya cover in the single SKU. One does not have any pin hole, and the other have a pin hole (without a pin) as seen in the listed pictures.
It is impossible to choose the type in the order because of depending on the stock in our warehouse.
- Material : Magnolia wood
- Saya pin is not included
- Kichen Knife is not included
- Made in Japan