Masamoto knives have been historically used as the Highest-Integrity Professional Chef Knife Brand in Japan (refer to the bottom of this page).
Masamoto "KH" Damascus Hon-Kasumi Gyokusei-ko series are crafted out of a multi-layer Damascus-patterned beautiful blades with a core of Blue Paper (Aoko or Aogami) No.2 Yasugi Steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
This one has highest wear resistance and toughness. Very good steel, and very popular choice for high end Japanese kitchen knives, but requires special care to avoid rusting and chipping.
Speaking to the handle, the beautiful two Japanese-Cherry Ring and the Buffalo Tsuba equipped to the Magnolia Wood handle represent high-quality and excellent durability, that means made for professional originally.
The handle shape of Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand.
(Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (bolster) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
It is highly recommended for Gift as well as for your better cooking experience.
- Blade Steel Type : High Carbon Steel [Gyokusei-ko (Blue #2 Steel)] with Multi-Layered Damascus texture
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Octagonal-shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with two Japanese-Cherry Ring & Water Buffalo Tsuba (guard or ferrule)
- Optional : Magnolia Saya Sheath with Masamoto Logo >>Check Saya
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** The images in this page are of the sample products. Colour, weight, pattern and size may differ from each other.
*** Please be noted that this series may take 2~3 months to restock if it should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected delivery time >> JapanPost | FedEx
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In the U.S. and Canada, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).