The Suminagashi series feature beautiful Damascus-patterned blades with a core of Blue Paper (Aogami or Aoko) No.1 Steel,
which is "Aoko" or Blue Paper (Aogami) No.1 Steel Knife, made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
This material has highest wear resistance and toughness because of special hardness (hardness of 62-63 HRC). Very good choice for high end Japanese kitchen knives.
The blade is particularly suitable for the gentle preparation of foods though you need to treat the blade to prevent from rust.
Speaking to the precious Ebony handle, the two beautiful Buffalo-horn Tsuba guards equipped at both ends, represent high-quality and excellent durability. That means made for professional originally.
The handle shape of Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand.
(Please be noted that the buffalo tsuba (guard) is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
We recommend this high-class kitchen knife series for professional chefs to enhance their art of cooking as well as for Perfect Gift.
- Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Steel [Aoko or Blue Paper 1 steel]
- Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
- Handle Material : Ebony wood with a Buffalo-horn tsuba guards
- Saya : Magnolia Wood Saya Sheath is included
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
*** Please be noted that it may take a few months to restock if the item should not be available, because this series is made-to-order by skilled blacksmiths, and that cancellations will incur predetermined cancellation fee.
[about Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro]
Goh Umanosuke Yoshihiro brand by Yamawaki Cutlery MFG., LTD has been cultivated through a long 600-year history in Sakai which is a city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan. Each knife is hand sharpened to ensure maximum sharpness out of the box. We highly recommend you to once experience the Yamawaki quality.
Most of countries in the world is likely to be available for our shipment. We have a lot of delivery experience to the listed countries.
FedEx, DHL and EMS(Japan Post) are now available for Faster and more Secure delivery for your country.
Please check the expected deliivery time >> FedEx | DHL | JapanPost
- The tracking number by FedEx can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance, because FedEx has a few requirement in some countries.
(1) In Australia, delivery to any PO Box is unavailable by FedEx. If your address contains PO Box, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
(2) In Russia, delivery to any personal address is often unavailable. If your address is not enterprise, we may ship by EMS(Japan Post).
- The tracking number by DHL can be traced in a few days after shipment in a web site as follows,
- Please be noted the following in advance.
(1) If you select the Super Express Shipping by DHL, we may ship your order by the equivalent service such as FedEx International Priority for certain reasons.